Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Bloomington Zoo & Splash Pad

After we were finished with the Children's Museum we ventured over to the zoo.  I really wasn't very impressed.  It's nothing compared to the St. Louis Zoo!  However, like most kids, mine love animals so they weren't bored (just very tired).










Right next to the zoo is a huge playground and splash pad.  As soon as we got there, Brad went with Ellie to the playground and I took Ryker to the splash pad.  Lets just say it wasn't meant to be.  Ryker wasn't even in the water a minute and slipped (hitting his poor little head).  As I walk toward the playground holding him, I hear a loud scream and cry (knowing it was clearly Ellie).  I hurry over to her and Brad to find out that some little girl bit her on the arm.  Ellie's pretty good with little kids so I went to find out what happened.  Apparently the little girls older sister was watching her and went right up to Ellie for NO REASON, GRABBED HER ARM and BIT DOWN HARD.  The older sister went to get her mom.   Mom came over, grabbed the little girl, and while I'm in mid sentence of talking to her, walks away. Now I was trying to be nice, but that just made me MAD.  I would be apologizing over and over again for my child's actions if either of them did anything like that.  It didn't take long before Ellie's arm was bruised and swollen.  We had to give her Tylenol because it hurt her so bad.  I truly dislike RUDE people!

So a whole five minutes at the playground/splash pad and we were DONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment