Thursday, January 23, 2014

Bloomington Museum and Zoo


Over the summer, Brad and I took the kids to the  Bloomington Children's Museum!  We'd heard it was a lot of fun so away we went!  The children had a blast to say the least!  Here they are painting.  After they get done painting a picture, they use a water bottle to spray the paint and then squeegee it off.  Ryker liked the water bottle and squeegee more than actually painting!




Water Fun...Ryker wanted NOTHING to do with putting on an apron! BOYS!





Mini Rock Wall for Toddlers

Playing the piano with their feet!

"Who's that trapping over my bridge!"



Welcome to the Puppet Sh
Ellie weighs 6 gallons of milk!

Milking a Cow

On to Ryker's favorite area........TRACTORS!




I'm not sure what this is called, but you could put in soft balls and handkerchiefs.  It would suck them in, fly through the tubes and come flying out.

Filling up the Grain Bin






They had an outside area with a big sand table.  While they were outside, a train passed right by.


This is what Ellie spent most of her time doing.  She loved "Avanti's" pizza play area.  I ended up finding this pizza set in Chicago when I was at a conference.


Dental Play


We had to eat at Avanti's while we were in Bloomington.  It was my absolute favorite in College!

Next we went to the Bloomington Zoo.  We really weren't too impressed! :(


The Reindeer were fun to watch!

We ended at the Splash park which is right next door to the Zoo.  We didn't last very long!  Ryker wiped out as soon as he hit the wet surface.  Then I hear Ellie, scream/crying from a distance.  Brad was with her on the playground while I took Ryker.  I go running over to find out that some little girl grabbed Ellie's arm and bit the crap out of it! What the Hell?!?! Ellie said she was just playing and this little girl walks over to her, grabbed her arm and bit down.  The little girl who looked to be 2 or 3 had her bigger sister with her.  I asked to speak with her mom.  Her mom, not exactly classy, came over...grabbed her little girl (while I was trying to talk to her) and took her to the bench.  No apology and she sure didn't give a shit what I had to say either.  I actually was very calm when speaking with her.  What a rude lady!!!  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!!!!!!!  Ellie's poor arm had welts for days from this bite!


No comments:

Post a Comment