Monday, December 31, 2012

For Sale

One day after school I was sitting at The Creek with my teacher friends for Melissa's baby shower.  I received a text message from Brad with a picture of this house.  Then seconds later he said he had called my Aunt Kathy and scheduled a walk-through for the next day.  Now mind you, we are NOT looking for a house.  Well I should say, I wasn't looking.  I had my doubts right away, but I thought it was fair enough to at least look.  So the next day we go out and look at this house.  As soon as we walked in, the smell of the house just hits you.  :(  The carpets were nasty!!!  The walls were stained yellow.  Some walls had holes.  It definitely was a turn off.  Although walking through it made me think of our first house and all the work we had to put into it.  Now, we have this house that is basically brand new and needs nothing done.  Brad just finished the basement and put up a fence.  I went home thinking....ummm NO! 

For some unknown reason, I couldn't get this house out of my head.  I wrote a list of positives vs. negatives to think through it a little more in depth.  My positives beat the negatives by a long shot. I drove by this house most days after work.  Every single time I drove by someone was looking at it.  I felt protective over it...like it was my house  or something.  It was very strange!   I agreed to go see it again with possibly making an offer in my head.  Brad and I had discussed an asking price just in case.  After talking with a gentlemen that worked with my Aunt, he informed us that 7 people had already made offers on this house.  WHAT?!?!  Since it was a foreclosure, they didn't exactly have a deadline.  The more and more I checked it out, the more and more I knew the potential it had.  Everytime I walked outside it was sooo peaceful and perfect for us!  About a week later, we were at Patti's house and Brad got a phone call.  It was OURS!  I couldn't believe it!  I was so excited and nervous!  We had to sell our house and FAST!




No comments:

Post a Comment