Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ryker!

Happy Birthday to my loving and onry little buddy!  You make us smile and laugh every single day.  Your funny personality and handsome face are priceless. :) 

Ryker loves to get on You Tube at Grandma and Grandpa Tweryon's house.  He's watched a special video about a train finding different objects from the alphabet.  I searched online and found this vinyl letter train for Ryker's room.  The night before his birthday, I put it on his bedroom wall for a little surprise. 

Ryker and Ellie are both big fans of Animal Planet toys.

I had a gift card to Toys R Us so I got Ellie a couple of surprises as well (so that she would have something to upwrap).  And YES...I said I would never do that! :)

Ellie and I picked out fun animals at Farm 'N Home for Ryker's birthday.


Ryker played outside and had fun riding the four wheeler on his real birthday.

We celebrated his birthday on Saturday, April 6th, with family. Of course the theme to his birthday party was a no brainer!  This child is just a little obsessed!

I went on pinterset to get some fun party decorating ideas.

I was searching and searching for ideas to make a train out of boxes that the kids could color or decorate and I came across this train box at Bergner's.  It was more than perfect! I love when things just fall into place!

We decided to invite just family this year for his 2nd birthday because he doesn't need anything and he gets very shy when too many people are around.  And...it is his birthday so I wanted him to enjoy it.


This is a horrible picture of his birthday invitations, but you get the gist.


Snacks

Daddy made a wood Railroad sign for our yard. 

I used black tape for our train tracks. Ryker thought this was pretty cool.

Aunt Lynn made the perfect Thomas cake for Ryker's birthday party.  Thank you so much Aunt Lynn!  It was adorable! We Love You!

All Aboard!

Let the party...BEGIN!!!

Ryker loved opening presents and didn't want any help from anyone else.



Thank you for all the fantastic gifts! I am so lucky to have all of you in my life! I love you!

I made little paddles from a blue plate and hot glued a big popsicle stick.  Then glued a picture of Thomas the train.  My parents blew up 3 garage bags full of balloons for us.  The kids had fun, but Ryker was still excited about his VERY OWN KINDLE that he received from Grandma and Grandpa Tweryon.

Big Surprise Gift from us...Extreme Roller Coaster!

Make a Wish!
Ryker wasn't too sure about this roller coaster.  It took him awhile before he got brave enough to try.  Brad had to hold his hand a couple times on the way down.  Of course Ayken wanted up there right away!  Good Job, Ayken!

I also had sugar cookies for the kids to decorate.

Cookies, icing, sprinkles and chocolate chips = Mmm Mmm Good!

I spent a long time trying to cut out train cookies with a cookie cutter that I ordered and of course they came out of the oven and looked nothing like a train.  Oh well...they tasted the same!

Ellie gave her cookie to Grandma Patti.



Granny and Ryker

The girls were being loud so Ryker covered his ears.  It was hysterical!

Ending his evening with his kindle and his best friend!

Final performance of the night! BRAVO!

It makes me sad to think that this will be the last year of having a two year old!  This is (by far) my favorite age of both my children!  I wish I could make him stay this age forever!  I can't believe how fast time goes, but I've LOVED every step of the way! Thank you God for giving me Ryker, Ellie and Brad! We are blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment